Stock-Flow Consistent Models
- What Are Stock-Flow Consistent Models?
- Prime: Understanding Stock-Flow Norms.
- When Should The Budget Be Balanced?
- Why Interest Payments Do Not Pose Fiscal Risk
- Why A Hard Debt Limit Is A Very Bad Idea
- Fiscal Policy Trade-Offs: Interest Costs
- Modelling Fiscal Expectations In SFC Models
- Supply Creates Its Own Demand: Government Bond Edition
- Using Stock-Flow Norms To Explain Secular Stagnation , Part 2
- Why Japan's current account deficit has not caused a collapse.
- Monetary Economics: An Integrated Approach to Credit, Money, Income, Production and Wealth, by Godley and Lavoie, (Amazon affiliate link) is an excellent introduction to the topic.
- The Stock-Flow Consistent Approach: Selected Writings of Wynne Godley (Amazon affiliate link). This is a set of articles by Wynne Godley. Gives examples of application to contemporary issues.
- A Quick Chartalism Primer
- Analysing bonds as a reserve drain.
- Why rich countries should float their currencies - a discussion of the "external constraint".
- (Don't Fear) The Taper - why Quantitative Easing is ineffective.
- Understanding Central Bank Control of Interest Rates
- Consequences of a Basic Income Guarantee - contrasted to MMT's Job Guarantee.
- Mike Norman Economics. MMT article link hub.
- Warren Mosler's site. (Has links to free electronic copies of some of his books.)
- Bill Mitchell's site.
- Soft Currency Economics II: The Origin of Modern Monetary Theory (MMT - Modern Monetary Theory) (Volume 1) (affiliate link) by Warren Mosler. (He may have a pdf version on his website.)
- The 7 Deadly Innocent Frauds of Economic Policy (affiliate link) by Warren Mosler again. (Once again, pdf may be available on his website.)
- Understanding Modern Money:The Key to Full Employment and Price Stability (affiliate link) by Randall Wray. A historically-oriented introduction to MMT.
- Modern Money Theory: A Primer on Macroeconomics for Sovereign Monetary Systems (affiliate link) by Randall Wray. I will note that I have not read this; I base my recommendation based on his other writings.
- Diagrams & Dollars: Modern Money Illustrated (affiliate link) by J.D. Alt. A graphical, easy-to-understand introduction to MMT in an inexpensive ebook format.
(c) Brian Romanchuk 2013