Book Reviews (and Information About my Books)
This link will take you to the list of posts in the "Books" category (or you can use the control on the right of the web page). These articles include my book reviews, as well as news about my books (which I hope are a useful resource).
The books chosen to be reviewed are generally those which I believe are interesting; they may not be recent. I do not necessarily agree with the author of the book, but I will generally only review the books that I feel are worthwhile. (This is why I do not have a rating scheme in the reviews; my selection is skewed towards books that I consider to be good.)
Stock-Flow Consistent Models, Modern Monetary Theory, and Post-Keynesian Economics
This page gives resources of general interest, the "SFC & MMT" page has resources aimed at the various strands of post-Keynesian economics.
Programming-Research SystemOpen source library code I have created:
- SimplePricers - https://github.com/brianr747/SimplePricers As the name suggests, basic pricing routines for fixed income in Python. Currently very small, but will grow as I develop examples.
- SFC Models in Python. https://github.com/brianr747/SFC_models This package is available for pip installation (although the pip version is not as up-to-date as the development branch).
I discuss these projects on http://romanchuk-programming.blogspot.ca/
I am currently building up my personal research system using open source tools. This is taking awhile as I am teaching myself how to program in R. The software I am using:
- The R project for Statistical Computing.
- A MySQL database.
- The Python programming language.
- The Git source control system.
- Stack Overflow - to figure out how to get things done.
Data SourcesThis list is small, and is expected to grow.
- FRED - an amazing resource from the St. Louis Fed.
- The Japanese Ministry of Finance (MoF) - in English (yay).
- Statistics Canada (English).
- U.S. Flow of Funds (Federal reserve Z.1 release)
- Baker Hughes Rotary Rig (Oil/Gas) Count.
Other Sites and Blogs
- Beinn Bhiorach
- Mike Norman Economics (MMT site)
- J.W. Mason
- Alex Little's Academic MMT Bibliography
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Modern Money Network
- Mainly Macro
- Social Democracy for the 21st Century
- Naked Keynesianism
- Financial Iceberg
- Fictional Reserve Barking (favourite blog name ever)
- Across The Curve
- Explorations In Macro, Money and Financial Markets (New Blog)
- The Slack Wire
- Sober Look